20.6.08

Reset:


Like a video game.
It's like playing an old school game such as Donkey Kong Country for the Super NES. Well I guess any game can be substituted for that. But I choose DKC because I have recently played it on the Wii and have re-fallen in love with the game. So I'll play that game and I will get into a level where I can't remember it from when I was seven and I forget that there is a bee above a barrel and low and behold I jump Donkey Kong on to the bee and die. But thus the reset button and I can start right over again. And as I go back into the game I remember this time to jump over the bee and either forget the barrel or wait for the bee to move and then jump. 

So thus I make my point. Life doesn't seem to have reset buttons. Everything happens and the decisions we make we have to live with. In our minds, or at least mine, we see our mistakes and constantly reflect on those, afraid to try again because we've been burned by our past choices. We still have the stinger in our bums from falling on that bee trying to make it in to that barrel. But I've figured out recently that we do have reset buttons. Not in the conventional sense but in a sense that we can look beyond our mistakes and see the light at the end of a dark tunnel. God gives us that reset button. I know it sounds so cliche but it is in fact true. When we can get past the fact that the only One who we really should care about what they think about us doesn't see us through eyes of condemnation but rather washed by the Blood of His Son, we just might be able to try again, unafraid of failing again, knowing if we do we can get right back up and keep moving forward.


This is my motivation and vision for mine and Ryan Pigg's camp intro video. When you see it, you will understand why I say this. The camp theme is The Remedy, a time of healing through Christ, or the way I look at it, redemption and freedom from condemnation through a reset button that allows us maintain a focus on the cross, no matter where we've been, what we've done, or how badly we've screwed up along the way. Even if you find yourself on the top of the mountain and you're freezing your tail off, God is still there with you.



"Don't you realize that this is not the way to live? Unjust people who don't care about God will not be joining in his kingdom. Those who use and abuse each other, use and abuse sex, use and abuse the earth and everything in it, don't qualify as citizens in God's kingdom. A number of you know from experience what I'm talking about, for not so long ago you were on that list. Since then, you've been cleaned up and given a fresh start by Jesus, our Master, our Messiah, and by our God present in us, the Spirit."

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (The Message)

This is my reset button

-Zoosee


I hear You say, 
"
My love is over. It's underneath.
It's inside. It's in between.
The times you doubt Me, when you can't feel.
The times that you question, 'Is this for real?'
The times you're broken.
The times that you mend.
The times that you hate Me, and the times that you bend.
Well, My love is over, it's underneath.
It's inside, it's in between.
These times you're healing, and when your heart breaks.
The times that you feel like you're falling from grace.
The times you're hurting.
The times that you heal.
The times you go hungry, and are tempted to steal.
The times of confusion, in chaos and pain.
I'm there in your sorrow, 
under the weight of your shame.
I'm there through your heartache.
I'm there in the storm.
My love I will keep you, by My pow'r alone.
I don't care where you fall, where you have been.
I'll never forsake you, My love never ends.
It never ends."


-Times by Tenth Avenue North

No comments: